Pickled jalapenos are one of my favorite condiments. I mean, they're right up there with ketchup, mustard, and mayonaise. We eat a surprising amount around here so it's no surprise that we prefer to pickle our own.
It's super easy too!
1. Wash and slice your jalapenos. TIP: Wear gloves during the slicing process! The oils from the peppers can linger on the skin for hours. Trust me on this one. Wear gloves.
2. Sterilize and prepare your jars and lids in boiling water for 5 minutes. In another pot, bring your vinegar, water, and salt to a boil. You will use a 1:1 ratio of vinegar and water, and a pinch of salt (to your liking).
3. Pack the sliced peppers into your clean, sterilized jars.
4. Pour the boiling vinegar sauce over the sliced peppers and fill to the top, leaving only a small space. About 1/4-1/2 inch space. Give the jars a nudge to remove air pockets and place the lids on immediately.
5. Check jars seals before storing. If there are any that don't seal, refrigerate promptly. Age a few weeks before eating.
Simple as that! And delicious too.