Home     About     DIY     Recipes     InStitches    Contact

3.8.12

Dreaming Big

shawl

Yesterday I've sent off my entry form to enter my hand-spun hand-knit shawl into an upcoming exhibition. I'm extremely nervous as I've never entered anything into an exhibition before, let alone attend one, so I have no idea what I'm up against! It's a small dream of mine to have one of my knits on display so I've decided to go for it!

I've hand spun this wool and am currently in the process of knitting it up! I'm calling it "Nueva", which means "new" in Spanish. A friend of mine hand dyed this wool for me as a parting gift before I moved to New Zealand around two years ago. The deep greens represent new beginnings and the New Zealand countryside. I'm quite excited with how it's turning out!

Cross your fingers for me! I'll let you all know if it makes it to the exhibition.

xo

Check out more of my handspun projects HERE.

9 comments:

  1. Looks great - I'm sure you'll have it accepted into the exhibition. Can't wait to see the finished result :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait to see this finished! Miss Chloe still talks about watching you spinning this yarn on your wheel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to come by for a morning tea and I can let her have a go at learning to spin on the wheel!

      Delete
  3. that is a gorgeous colour, and I'm sure it will look amazing once completed. Go you for entering a competition too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a gorgeous colour, and I'm sure it will look amazing once completed. Go you for entering a competition too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bex! I'm keeping this one for myself. It's been a few years since I've kept any knitting for me! I really like the color of it. It's bright and unexpected, but not too bright.

      Delete
  5. Love the color already, and can't wait to see the completed product. I hope you get some wonderful news about the exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, English! I'll keep everyone posted. Fingers crossed!

      Delete

I love and appreciate your comments and I try to respond to as many as I can so don't forget to check back! xoxo