Home     About     DIY     Recipes     InStitches    Contact

1.9.12

A Family Portrait

These awkward family portraits are kind of my favorite. Audrey's expression, my overalls, Phil's amazingness. I can't handle these photos.

It started with an evening of hanging out with some friends in Canada on our visit. We had some pizza, a few cigars, and a few laughs as the adults tried out some Heelys shoes. It was an evening to remember.

It was a record breaking heat wave in Kelowna so the days were hot but the evenings were cool. I had worn shorts that day to combat the heat but as night came the mosquitos were coming out in droves hungry for my foreign blood. My mosquito bites always swell to epic proportions so our friend Chris lent me his work overalls for me to wear the rest of the evening (Thanks, Chris!).

It was late and we were probably laughing and cheering a little too loudly at the skate attempts with the Heelys and the baby woke up. Since Audrey was in a strange place I decided to get her up for a bit to hang out. She was sleepy and groggy and confused. She pointed at the first person she saw wearing a plaid shirt and called, "Papa!" Then realized that it wasn't actually Phil. Then looked for another plaid shirt, and another, and another, until she found Phil. haha! Poor girl thought only her papa wore plaid shirts. So cute!

Since the baby was awake we decided to do an impromptu photo shoot. Thus my favorite photos were born.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Family Portrait
Family Portrait
Family Portrait
Family Portrait
Family Portrait

Audrey's sleepy and pointed expression. My overalls. Phil's amazingness.

I'll keep these photos for always.


Talia Christine

7 comments:

  1. These slay me. I think it's also the serious expressions I really love. You have a precious little family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, Yes the seriousness just sets it's off I think. They crack me up.

      Delete
  2. Great pics! I like how Audrey has her hand on your chest like, "no Mom, I got this." Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Yes, exactly!! That's classic Audrey for you.

      Delete
  3. Oh so fun! Those pictures are perfection... Excited to find another blogger friend to follow! Your layout and design are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely, especially the one of you all sat round the table. The light is captured really well.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments and I try to respond to as many as I can so don't forget to check back! xoxo