Home     About     DIY     Recipes     InStitches    Contact

7.2.13

Spinning wool: For the baby

silk-merino roving
I splashed out on some extra fancy wool to spin for the new baby! I have big plans for a baby blanket (and possibly a matching hat and sweater). After days of searching I finally settled on this luscious silk and merino blend by Ashford in the Pomegranate color way. This luxuriously soft blend boasts deep pinks, mauves, burgundy and an array of orange hues. Perfect for our baby girl but mature enough for me to love.

It's downright delicious. Stay tuned for when I spin it up into a soft, lofty yarn! And then knit it.

I better get started.

7 comments:

  1. it looks divine!!! I cant wait to see it all done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks so beautiful! It will become something even more so I daresay. Hope your day is a lovely one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seriously looks like velvety smooth ice cream. I can't wait to see the end products. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely. Eeeee! I can't wait to meet your tiny girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those Ashford blends, they are a dream to spin! Such a delicious colourway.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments and I try to respond to as many as I can so don't forget to check back! xoxo